New technologies catalog for sustainable food systems in the Asia-Monsoon region
October 2023 Update
- The Technology Catalog (Ver. 2.0) for Asia-Monsoon region was released on September 29, 2023 on the JIRCAS website in line with Japan’s Sustainable Food Systems Strategy “MIDORI”.
- Eight new technologies for forest conservation and fisheries resource management that can contribute to both productivity improvement and sustainability have been added, bringing the catalog to 31 technologies derived from the joint research results of the Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS), the National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO), the Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute (FFPRI), and the Japan Fisheries Research and Education Agency (FRA).
- These scalable technologies for agriculture, forestry and fisheries are intended for dissemination in the Asia-Monsoon region to promote the transformation into sustainable food systems.
- Browse the technologies in this catalog: https://www.jircas.go.jp/en/greenasia/techcatalog.
- Access the press release: https://www.jircas.go.jp/en/release/2023/press202313
The Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS) has developed a compilation of applicable technologies which were developed in Japan or through international collaboration over the past 10 years and are expected to contribute to the establishment of sustainable food systems in the Asia-Monsoon region. The catalog serves as a reference to various stakeholders in the Asia-Monsoon region, including government officials, researchers, extension officers, producers, and the private sector. JIRCAS expects to add more technologies in the future, including results from forestry and fisheries research, and newly developed technologies.